The Buscot Double 4ft 6 Solid Oak Bed Frame
Our Buscot Solid Oak Bed Frame sits low to the ground, almost like a floor bed, making it a popular choice for many different bedrooms in the house. Customers looking for a perfect bed for their children or those that simply want to follow the latest fashion trends have all been impressed by the
• A classic bed frame is blended with contemporary style thanks to the supporting plinths and low height of the bed
• The support offered by the three oak plinths is much sturdier than it appears, offering a comfortable night’s sleep
• This design doesn’t come with an integrated headboard, making it ideal for customers who would rather a wall-mounted one
Slatted Bed Bases with Sprung Bed Slats
A Slatted Bed base is the premium recommended option for a number of reasons:
- A Slatted bed base will make it easier to assemble your bed; as the bed base will be fully assembled in either one piece of two pieces depending on the size of your bed frame.
- A Slatted bed base will increase the strength of your bed frame; as you will be sitting a fully made bed base within you bed frame. This will also help keep your bed frame square over the years.
- A slatted base bed will also increase the life of your bed frame due to the way it’s constructed; the sprung bed slat holders are also dowelled within the frame to add strength and durability to your bed.
The First Generation Base has 43mm between each slat whilst the Second Generation Base only has 25mm between slats. This shorter gap between slats gives the mattress much more support
All images on this site are for illustrative purposes only and our beds do not come with mattresses as standard. You can view our mattresses
All beds are designed for standard UK mattress sizes (Double mattress = 1350mm x 1900mm)
Our beds come ready to assemble, so you don’t have to struggle getting them up the stairs. They are also easy to disassemble at a later date – if moving house for example. Beech Sprung Slatted Bed Bases are delivered assembled.
Our beds can be assembled in 10-15 minutes and this instructional video may help. Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any difficulty.
If you scroll through the images of the bed you will find a diagram of the oak bed frame you have selected and its standard dimensions.
For further information about our bed dimensions or to order a bed with custom dimensions please contact us directly.
This bed doesn’t come with a headboard but there are strut holes at the rear of the bed (to UK standard specifications) that allow you to add one in future should you wish. Alternatively, you may find this bed is the ideal design for a wall-mounted headboard instead.
All our beds are made to order. This allows us to customise your bed to your exact specifications and taste. For more information about how we can customise your bed please view the “custom oak beds” page.
We have been in the bedroom furniture industry for over a decade.
All our oak bed frames are proudly designed, manufactured and distributed in the UK from our Middlesex warehouse.
We invite you to come and visit our workshop in Harrow, Middlesex where you can see for yourself the care and hard work that goes into designing, manufacturing and distributing bespoke bedroom furniture.