The Hamsterly Double 4ft 6 Solid Oak Bed Frame
The Hamsterly Solid Oak Bed boasts a grand design that is particularly appropriate for a master bedroom (although guests certainly wouldn’t object to sleeping on such a fine bed). Features include:
• A completely integrated solid oak headboard,
• A visually attractive headboard design: the wooden bed legs begin to taper as they extend above the mattress. The resulting angle contrasts pleasingly with the flat surface of the rest of the bed frame and headboard
• Solid oak rectangular front bed legs with stocky square back bed legs ensure the frame is completely stable
• Under-bed storage space should you need it
Slatted Bed Bases with Sprung Bed Slats
A Slatted Bed base is the premium recommended option for a number of reasons:
- A Slatted bed base will make it easier to assemble your bed; as the bed base will be fully assembled in either one piece of two pieces depending on the size of your bed frame.
- A Slatted bed base will increase the strength of your bed frame; as you will be sitting a fully made bed base within you bed frame. This will also help keep your bed frame square over the years.
- A slatted base bed will also increase the life of your bed frame due to the way it’s constructed; the sprung bed slat holders are also dowelled within the frame to add strength and durability to your bed.
The First Generation Base has 43mm between each slat whilst the Second Generation Base only has 25mm between slats. This shorter gap between slats gives the mattress much more support.
Pine Bed Slats
Pine Bed Slats have a gap of approximately 70mm between the slats.
These pine slats are also available with custom spacing options at an additional cost.
All images on this site are for illustrative purposes only and our beds do not come with mattresses as standard.
All beds are designed for standard UK mattress sizes (Double mattress = 1350mm x 1900mm)
Our beds come ready to assemble, so you don’t have to struggle getting them up the stairs. They are also easy to disassemble at a later date – if moving house for example. Beech Sprung Slatted Bed Bases are delivered assembled.
Our beds can be assembled in 10-15 minutes and this instructional video may help. Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any difficulty.
If you scroll through the images of the bed you will find a diagram of the oak bed frame you have selected and its standard dimensions.
For further information about our bed dimensions or to order a bed with custom dimensions please contact us directly.
This oak bed frame comes complete with an extremely steady integrated headboard.
The integrated headboard is suitable for mattresses of at least 8 inches (203mm). If you intend to use a shorter mattress please let us know before ordering so we can adjust the headboard to fit your mattress.
All our beds are made to order. This allows us to customise your bed to your exact specifications and taste. For more information about how we can customise your bed please view the “custom oak beds” page.
We have been in the bedroom furniture industry for over a decade.
All our oak bed frames are proudly designed, manufactured and distributed in the UK from our Middlesex warehouse.
We invite you to come and visit our workshop in Harrow, Middlesex where you can see for yourself the care and hard work that goes into designing, manufacturing and distributing bespoke bedroom furniture.